Monday, September 22, 2008

When I Grow Up

Peaches has a long list of things she wants to be when she is grown up(astronaut, physicist,dancer,more recently, President, etc). Popcorn just used to say she wants to "kick a ball". That was fine untill the financial earthquake hit last week and we felt the need to impress upon the kids that they need to work hard and secure their future. So Popcorn was encouraged to ponder some more.Then she announced,"I will be a doctor and people will come to my office and I will give them "streps"." Before we could explain that doctors cured strep and not the other way round, she continued," And I will give shots, big ones." "But that will hurt us!" Peached objected. Back came the stony reply, "You have to be "bwave"." I think the bedside manner is going to need a lot of work.

No comments: