Sunday, September 7, 2008

Look at me!

We had a quiet weekend catching up on things.Popcorn has developed a disconcerting doomsday-like syndrome where she feels she must transport all that is most precious to her with her everywhere. As a result, toys are missing and much fuss ensues and that took up a lot of my time. I also managed to read some of the Patricia Cornwell books I recently got from the library. Excellent writing and amazing insights into forensic detection.
So I was also able to tune into the sunday shows and get some political analysis. It seems to me they did not quite know what to make of Sarah Palin and were tip-toeing around her. When a candidate has nothing of substance to say, its hard to say anything critical without seeming personal. Near as I can make out her message is essentially the same as Peaches song of the week at school, "Look at me, marvellous me! See what I can do!" Look at what a wonder mom I am but you cannot wonder how my abstinence policy didnt work in my own household. See how I can field dress a moose! Obama's lack of experience has been cited against him and it should be acknowledged but when meagre experience is coupled with lack of vision and awareness, that is a worrisome combination.

No comments: