Monday, July 28, 2008

Quality Time

As a stay at home mom , I often feel frustrated that I have to set the kids up with an activity in order to get the chores done. I feel I am losing out on quality time, precious fun moments with the kids.I console myself as I listen to their chatter, thinking that I will look back on these moments nostalgically later on. Yesterday we were waiting outside Peaches' dance class. Popcorn was "painting" her doll's toenails with accompanying commentary. I watched as Peaches went through the steps. It seemed strange to be observing her like this. Her expression changed as she focused and tried to learn the step and then , as she got it right and glided through the air,she broke into the happiest smile I have seen. That was a quality moment. I will always cherish that look on her face.
Another Popcorn crisis. She has scribbled on the title page of her library book. Peaches reported this with eye popping horror. Popcorn was summoned. She gave us a long look and said, "Well, I didn't write on the faces" and rested her case. This too, I shall always remember.

No comments: